Whether you’re house is the go-to spot for Thanksgiving, or you’re attending a friendsgiving with your best buds, let’s face it – the side dishes typically take the cake. After all, do you really want to keep piling on that dry, overcooked turkey? Or would you rather dive back in to those sweet, savory accompaniments to the main course?
1. Sweet Potato Casserole: there’s no need to change up this staple. All you need is buttery mashed sweet potatoes with a crunchy pecan topping. Just make sure nobody at the table has a nut allergy before whipping this one up.
2. Bacon Brussels Sprouts: sure, you can be vanilla and simply go with plain brussels, or you can kick it up a notch with pieces of thick cut bacon.
3. Soft Dinner Rolls: the more pillowy the better when it comes to dinner rolls and if you don’t already have enough carbs on the menu, this is the perfect addition!
4. Garlic Mashed Potatoes: not everyone enjoys sweet potatoes and that’s quite alright. Be sure to include to buttery garlic mashed potatoes and if you prefer them extra creamy, we recommend mixing in a bit of cream cheese.
5. Mustard Parmesan Cauliflower: it’s full of fiber and it’s quite delicious. All you need to do is brush a few heads of cauliflower with dijon mustard and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake them in the oven and then dig in.
6. Sweet Potato Gnocchi: if you’re tired of the classic sweet potato side dishes, mix it up this year. We’re drooling over sweet potato gnocchi with a maple cinnamon brown butter sauce.
7. Butternut Squash Mac n Cheese: this one calls for sharp cheddar and parmigiano-reggiano. Mix in a touch of nutmeg and you’ve got yourself the perfect fall side.
This is David’s Soundview Catering, a premiere catering and events company based in Stamford, CT, serving Connecticut and New York since 1988. Utilizing a palette of fresh, quality ingredients to prepare dishes that appeal to all the senses, David’s Soundview Catering’s talented team of chefs offer an extensive and delicious selection of seasonal favorites and globally inspired cuisine.