On Wednesday, April 3, 2019 David’s Soundview Catering again had the privilege of catering the annual fundraising gala for the Boys and Girls Club of Stamford – “City Chic”. This was our 4th year in a row and THE most fun we’ve had so far!
The theme for this year’s event was ‘A Night In Havana”.
2 Mojito bars, 3 Cuban food stations, 5 delicious passed hors d’oeuvres and countless panama hats filled the stage at the Palace Theater, taking everyone back to old Havana nights – an atmosphere of glamour and style, set amongst the busy backdrop of the colorful street food stands of old Cuba.
Here’s what was on the menu:
Passed Hors D’oeuvres
- Mini Spinach and Queso Fresca Empanadas with a Spicy Mint Crema
- Pimenton Albondigas (Cuban Meatball) with a Spicy Cuban Tomato Sauce
- Mini Chicken and Cheese Empanadas with a Cilantro Lime Crema
- Cuban Pinchos de Camarones (Cuban Style Shrimp Sate)
- Kale and Quinoa Fritter with Salsa Aquacate
CUBANO: Cuban Sandwich Station
- Classic: Ham, Roast Pork, Swiss cheese, Pickles and Mustard on Cuban Bread
- Vegetarian: Mushroom, Swiss cheese, Pickles and Mustard on Cuban Bread
COCINA: Cuban Kitchen
- Camarones y Vieiras Enchilados: Cuban Style Shrimp & Scallops
- Pernil Asado con Mojo: Cuban Citrus Marinated Pork
- Cuban Rice & beans
- Ropa Vieja: Cuban Style Shredded beef
- Fricase de Pollo: Cuban Style Shredded Chicken
- Fricase de Vegetales: Cuban Style Vegetables
- Pickled Onions & Jalapenos
- Lemon Garlic Crema
- Warm toasted Churros with Hot Chocolate Sauce
- Dulce de Leche Cake Bites
- Candy Bar
This is David’s Soundview Catering, a premiere catering and events company based in Stamford, CT, serving Connecticut and New York since 1988. Utilizing a palette of fresh, quality ingredients to prepare dishes that appeal to all the senses, David’s Soundview Catering’s talented team of chefs offer an extensive and delicious selection of seasonal favorites and globally inspired cuisine.