With Valentine’s Day just a few days behind us, love is in the air! Did your significant other pop the question on this special day? If so, congratulations - we truly are excited for you, but now it’s time to start planning. While you may have heard of some wedding planning nightmares, we’re here to reassure you that it’s really not that bad.
When it comes to planning for your wedding the sooner you begin, the better. Keep in mind that you’ll want to leave at least 9 to 16 months before the big day - that will give you ample time to get everything together. Here’s how to get started in the first couple of months:
- Create a folder or binder for all of your wedding materials. Start by scanning through bridal, lifestyle, fashion, design and food magazines for ideas. This is where you can rip out and store anything you come across.
- Start thinking about your budget. How much do you currently have to spend? How much do you want to save each month leading up to it? Will any family members be contributing?
- Figure out who’s in and who’s out - when it comes to the wedding party, that is. Your close friends and family members will start wondering now that you’re engaged.
- Start a guest list. Do a quick runthrough and jot down the names of everyone you can think of that you’ll want to invite. Keep in mind, things can change and you may have to edit the list multiple times.
- Pick a date and reserve a venue. Keep in mind that David’s Soundview Catering offers a number of stunning venues spanning the Northeast.
- Once you’ve got the place picked out, it’s time to start thinking about the flowers, the band, the photographer and don’t forget, the food! This is where we come in!
Truly one of the most important days of your life, we understand the need to have this special time be as stress free and seamless as possible – from the planning stages to the big day. Our dedicated wedding planners will make your wedding day dreams come true.